Sun Oaks has three pools for your enjoyment. Our covered 8-lane, 25-yard pool is open and heated year round, our recreation pool is designed for summer play, and our toddler pool will keep your kids cool all summer long. Sun Oaks is the club for quality swim lessons, Redding’s best swim team, fitness swimming and summer fun in the sun. Check out our pool schedule to view all days/times classes are being offered.
Some important notes about our pools:
- No lifeguard at the indoor pool.
- There is limited recreation swim time at the indoor pool.
- Recreation swim is in designated areas only. Please do not use other lanes regardless if they are open.
- No children under age 14 may swim without an adult (18+) in DIRECT supervision of children.
- Lap swimming lanes are for those who are fitness lap swimming only. Please no children in lap lanes while parents swim.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear waterproof diapers.
- Lap swimmers, there are always lanes designated for lap swimming. However, there is not always a solitary lane available for you. General swimming courtesy is to share lap lanes with other lap swimmers. A lane may be split in half to accommodate 2 swimmers, or, if more than 2 swimmers, a circular swim pattern should be used. When necessary, we will designate fast and slow lanes.
Recreation Swim is set at the north end of the pool:
- Stay in designated swim area
- Do not sit, stand, or lay on lane lines
- Do not throw things across the lanes
- Do not play on the handicap chair
- Children under 14 must have an adult 18+ in direct supervision of swim time
- Green doors to stay closed/no entry or exit