We hope you have had the opportunity to participate in some of the group workouts that our amazing instructors have been putting on Facebook live for you. As many of you know, multiple other fitness clubs and studios have already reopened here in Redding. This has led to an influx of questions from many of you as to when Sun Oaks will be reopening it’s doors. We would like to officially announce that we will be reopening with extensive Covid-19 precautions on Monday, June 1st. Below are all of the precautionary changes we are making to encourage healthy exercise while we manage the Covid-19 pandemic:
Precautionary Changes Due to Covid-19
- We will be adjusting our hours to give our enhanced custodial crew more time with the club empty to clean and sanitize the equipment and facility. We will also be remaining closed on Sundays to allow for a full facility deep clean. Here are the facilities hours until further notice:
Monday -Friday: 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- We will be doing temperature checks at the front entrance to ensure that anyone who has a fever will not be using the facility.
- We will no longer be holding onto keys at the front desk to avoid cross contamination.
- We will be requiring admin and customer support staff to wear masks whenever they are unable to adequately social distance with members or other employees.
- We have also updated the layout of the cardio room, removed unnecessary items and equipment. This will ensure adequate social distancing and help make cleaning easier.
- Group Fitness classes will not be held in person immediately upon opening. We will be phasing in person classes over the next few weeks with registration required for each class. This will allow us to keep class sizes small and allow for social distancing. Click here to learn more about Group Fitness and to see the temporary schedule.
- Group Fitness classes will continue to be broadcast on Facebook Live.
- The childcare won’t be reopening immediately, with plans to phase it in with in person Group Fitness classes.
- We are adding extra hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipe stations. Those stations will be clearly marked with signs.
- We will be closing all water fountains that aren’t meant to fill water bottles.
- The pools will be opening with the club, but we will be requiring reservations for lanes to encourage social distancing.